Hi everyone! We’re so happy that you have clicked to our blog and you are so welcome here!
What could be better than homemade tasty and soft breadsticks? Well probably many things but since nothing better comes to my mind right now it must be high on the top. They’re perfect with Italian pasta or soup but they’re just as good without anything else too! The aroma of fresh garlic and thyme makes even the darkest day happier and will give you some Mediterranean sunshine vibe. Besides, it’s very easy to make them!
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 package instant yeast
- 2 Teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoon oil
- Dried thyme or rosemary
- Combine half of the flour, instant yeast, sugar, salt and garlic in large bowl.
- Add 2 cups of flour and mix. Don’t add too much flour because it would make the dough too dense.
- Cover the bowl and let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and roll it to rectangle on floured counter. Cut out 50 thin trips with knife or pizza cutter.
- Take two strips and twist them to rope. Repeat that process with all the other strips as well and place them side by side to baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 425°F or 220°C. Rub oil over breadsticks and then sprinkle them with salt and thyme. Bake for 10 minutes.
Since some people have asked about it we promise that our next post on Friday will be a craft/diy project! See you soon!